Re: COHOUSING-L digest 532
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:25:20 -0500
Dear folk,
Ruth Hirsch here, of Cantines Island Co-ho.... in residence about 6 months!
Common-house in progress..

Laundry room will be in basement, yes.
We expect to be using the basement for other things too....that aside, while
having the laundry upstairs is attractive in some ways, a few factors mitigate
against:
the Big One, IMHO, is The NOISE!!
Washers and dryers emit endless noise.... take it from theone who took the
family laundry to the laundromat for years in the Bronx!!!
don't think much need be said re: noise .....

Other reasons are less important, in my mind.  For us, the luxury of upstiars
spcae for laundry is not an opyion.  Main floor space too precious.  You do
raise legit point about laundry.....
Let us know how you decide!
all Best,