Re: pool table
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:50:07 -0500

<< I'm just curious: what would anyone have against a pool table - if you ever
 found out why >>

>From what I can gather,  the opposing member felt like it dominated the room,
and is not flexible enough to allow for other activities, but he was unclear
about what those other activities might be.

In the discussions that have followed the meeting, in a committee meeting
devoted to creating a solution, we've investigated not only making it
convertable to a ping pong table but also putting it on locking casters so it
could be more easily moved to the side of the room.   We've also created a big
felt board model of the room, to scale, to show just how much room the pool
table does take, and what else can fit, like additional card tables for cards
or board game play.  So we'll bring this to the meeting tomorrow night.

Patty Mara Gourley
Tierra Nueva Cohousing
central CA coast