RE: land trust
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousclassic.msn.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:15:16 -0500
Land trusts are a great way to keep land off the market rate real estate
appreciation cycle. The downside is that financing may be much harder or
impossible under such limitations. Banks really don't like to finance homes
they can't easily sell if they foreclose, and since you would not have clear
title to the land under a land trust, only a lease, it would be that much more
less appealing to a bank.

However, some banks do have special loan programs targetted for low income
families, some states even require large banks to invest some small percentage
in these programs. Check with your local bankers before committed to such a
path.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood Cohousing
Snohomish WA