PARKING
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:59:07 -0500
How many homes do you have?
        15

How many parking spaces do you have (including garage spaces)?
34 (approximately)

Is that the right number of parking spaces?  Too many?  Too few?

It seems to be about right except when someone has an event  (not a community
event) and suddenly there are no guest spaces for other folks' guests.  That is
really not a problem, as it is relatively rare.  We have
a unique site and layout, and  "on street" parking is far away and confusing.

We have a lot more cars than I expected, including , as someone said, a camper,
a trailer, a truck as a 2nd car, a classic car, etc.  Our townhouses have
"tuck-under" garages, so the space in front of the garage is sometimes used,
with swapping.

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes and 8 coop apartments  in a rehab Georgian building
 built as a retirement home in 1924 -