Re: accessibility
From: lilbert (lilbertconcentric.net)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:22:31 -0500
The issue of accessability is a touchy one, and always likely to get a
big response. I want to reply to just one thing in your letter. If the
group only is willing to commit to accessability for a committed member,
then they are not committed to accessability, they are committed to the
member. We had a member in a wheelchair leave the group before we were
built, and return just before moving in. "Her" unit was kept accessible
even in her absence so that we would have an accessible unit(we have one
other). Needing accessable units and common house is something that comes
and goes in lots of people's lives, but if you don't have it, those
people are out. Why limit yourselves?
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing
Sacramento CA