Re: Cascadia Commons has land
From: Pamela Leitch (pjleitchhalcyon.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:26:31 -0500
Cascadia Commons, in Portland, Oregon, acquired free and clear title to our
2.87 acre site on Tuesday!!!   We have a signed construction contract and a
written loan commitment from the bank.  We are expecting land use approval
in September and will start construction then, with anticipated move-in for
June, 1999.

We are building a 26 unit community and have 16 households currently.  We
bought the land through a creative combination of capital contributions,
significant member loans, and outside loans, mostly from relatives.  The
further we get in the process, the more we appreciate the work of those
communities who have gone before us.

Pam Leitch, Cascadia Commons member