RE: Rental Units & Starting Construction with 50% of Units Sold
From: Deborah Behrens (debbehauto-trol.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:50:45 -0500
Sharon & list
Here at Highline crossing, we started construction with only 24 of 36
units sold, and had a terrible time getting to full occupancy.  We ended
up about a year and a half behind schedule, with all our profit eaten up
in carrying costs.  We also took 4 of our larger unsold units and
divided them up into 8 smaller units in order to help sell them.  (that
was 6 months of the delay, and some of the additional cost, getting
zoning change from 36 to 40 units).
Debbie Behrens, Highline Crossing, Littleton, CO