Re: Rental Units & Starting Construction with 50% of Units Sold
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:40:26 -0500
In a message dated 98-07-15 16:41:04 EDT, SharonVillines [at] prodigy.net
writes:

<< Does anyone have experience with starting construction
 with only 50% of the units sold? Is it true that units are easier to sell
 once they are under construction with a (fairly) definite move in date? >>

Sharon,
When Tierra Nueva broke ground last fall we had 19 of our 27 households
committed.  We slowly added members as the foundations, framing and roofing
emerged on the site.  Then we hit a plateau, and had 5 or 6 units remaining
for what seemed like forever.  Until last month.  Out of the woodwork came
prospective members and we sold out, and have folks waiting in line to get in.
I believe that some of this had to do with the season, but much of it was that
the common house is nearly complete, and is so spectacular--and as the
cabinets and tiling goes into the homes, they seem much more homey.  Also, the
risk decreases as construction proceeds.  It all adds up to a very positive
energy stream.

Keep the faith.  You'll sell out and have a waiting list too.

Patty Mara Gourley
Tierra Nueva, Central CA Coast, crystal clear beach day, star filled night