Re: Using Group Members Professionally
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 09:37:21 -0500
Robin Allison wrote:

> I'd be really interested to hear from other groups who have used or are
> using professionals from within your group: what were the problems and
> the benefits? What would you do differently next time? Any other advice?
> Are there architects on this list who have played that role for their
> group?

Our project was founded and designed by an owner/member, Matt Worswick. I'd
be willing to speak to your questions, but out of respect for Matt, I
prefer to add on to his comments. I have heard him talk about this topic
before, so I think I am familiar with what he might say. And, in my
opinion, he has a good perspective on the pros and cons of such an
arrangement.

He is out of town and I presume away from his computer for the weekend, but
I'll watch for him to log on early next week. I'll chime in then.

I'll send you his email address separately, if you want to contact him
directly.

Cheryl
Harmony Village
Golden, Colorado