Re: Using Group Members Professionally
From: Smith & McGowan (mcsmithalbany.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 05:38:37 -0500
Creeksbend Village of Troy New York wrote:

We have two architects in our group and we chose to secure an architect
outside the group.  Mark Mistur, of the School or ARchitecture at the
Renssellaer Polytech Institute is our architect.  Yet we have found that
the architects in the group are able to save us alot of money by sharing
the expertise and equipment and insight their own firms have to offer.
A member architect refined our site design from Mark's rough drawing, a
member's firm secured a below cost fee to transfer our survey to a
digital format etc.  Member architects also have great ideas and have
input on feasibility questions that save time in the the design
process.  Our member architects will save us money overall, by providing
professional support, but they decided themselves to play the role of
neighbor and not complicate their relationship with the group.

We are currently looking for 16 more households to break ground on an
award winning trout stream, in a city at the foot of 4 mountain
ranges    three hours North of New York City and 20 minutes from
Southern Vermont.

Toni Smith, Creekbend Village: a Cohousing Community