Re: COHOUSING-L digest 558
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:00:46 -0500
RE: Using group member professionally.

A delicate question, friends!
We have members who brought a great deal of knowledge and contributed a great,
great deal of very valuable help.

We hired an outside architect, after interviewing, i believe, five Architects.
Our architect became very involved w the group and we w him and his life,
several of us visiting his [out of Town] home.....
at this point, feelings on the part of perhaps half the group toward the
architect are not good.  He was fine , absolutely wonderful and a sweetie for
part of the project, the beginning.  As his own agenda reared its head, things
became difficult.

If your priority, rob, is being a happy member of the group, it's likely not
to be worth the risk....  It depends on your personality and style;  if you've
ever had a falling out with a client, you may want to avoid that possibilty
'at home'.
I do know that groups have used internal members professionally, and maybe
others will chime in.  When we met w Northeast Co-Ho members in Massachusetts,
perhaps 2 years ago, there were folks who'd had the experience.

Wishing you well, whichever way you go,
Best,
Ruth Hirsch, Cantines Island, Saugerties, NY