Re: Rock fireplace
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:40:04 -0500
Dear Buzz,
What a delightful post to read.  I learned many things just reading it and I
appreciate your creativity and articulate style.  This is an example of the
best that this list offers to us. I especially liked your last sentence:

>>Natural processes are the best (only?) design instructor.  since river rock
came from the horizontal, to return it to horizontal
works well (sandstone comes from cliffs, so it works well for walls).  To
do a "bonsai" representation of your location on earth in its former
natural condition, or at least mimic it in a stylized way, is a great
guiding concept for your landscape plan.

Thank you, and keep posting.
Patty Mara Gourley
Tierra Nueva Cohousing
Where we are hoping to get a final inspection on the first unit (ours!)
tomorrow, with escrow closing shortly after.  It's really happening.

  • Re: Rock fireplace Buzz Burrell, July 28 1998
    • Re: Rock fireplace PattyMara, July 29 1998