AD: Home for rent, EcoVillage, Ithaca NY
From: Joe Nolan (jnolanAdobe.COM)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:11:43 -0500
EXPERIENCE ECOVILLAGE IN ITHACA, NY!!

Beautiful, designer-built, 3-4 bedroom home available for rent in the
EcoVillage Co-Housing Community in Ithaca, New York. EcoVillage is a
community of thirty households living on 176 acres of gorgeous farmland,
just a couple of miles from downtown Ithaca in the heart of the Finger
Lakes region of upstate New York. Our community includes families with
children of all ages, single adults, retirees, 2-wage-earner couples, stay
at home dads and moms, home schoolers, public schoolers, Waldorf schoolers
- you name it!

Rent of $1,300 per month includes your own private dwelling with complete
kitchen, 2 baths, private yard, utilities, carport, breath-taking views
PLUS complete access to our shared Common House, swimming/skating pond, and
land. The Common House has a large dining room and kitchen, living room,
kids room, teen room, music room, crafts room, and laundry (as well as 8
private offices for folks who work right in the Village). Three delicious
dinners are served each week in the Common House, and it's also the scene
of many social events (like Guys Baking Pies), movies, kids' activities and
spontaneous visiting. Your participation in any of these happenings is
ALWAYS optional.

Renters are a welcome and important part of the EcoVillage community.
Renters do participate fully in our work teams (to help with Common House
dinners and cleanup, outdoor chores, etc.), and are also very welcome at
our business meetings.

If you think you'd like to try this kind of living, our EcoVillage home is
available for rent starting September 16, 1998, while we work on fixing up
and selling our old house nearby! We can consider short-term or longer-term
(8-12 months) lease options.

Don't forget - If you decide you love EcoVillage (and we think you will),
there is a second neighborhood being planned NOW! Get in on the ground
floor and help design the home and the neighborhood of your dreams.

Please call us if you'd like to talk about this idea, or pass this info to
a friend. Thanks!

Judy Green and Arthur Godin
607-277-4094
email jg16 [at] cornell.edu (Judy)