proposed legislation
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:39:48 -0500
Hi y'all-

I don't know if it's relevant to cohousing or not, but the Housing Affairs
Letter (a housing trade rag) reports that legislation has been filed in the
House and Senate to permit the low-income housing tax credit to be used for
developing housing cooperatives and mutual housing associations.  HR 4386 is
sponsored by Rep Ramstad (R-Minn) and S 2125 was filed by Sen D'Amato (R- NY).

The House Document Room phone number is 202-226-5200 and the Senate Document
Room is 202-224-7860.  I think you can also get bills from the web at the
thomas or library of congress sites.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eno Commons Cohousing Neighborhood
Durham, NC
"Where two households are moved in, 12 more homes are underway and all lots
are spoken for (but not yet under contract).  A major celebration is in the
works for the beginning of October!"