Shared Utilities
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:10:16 -0500
We are looking at how to pay the utility bills in the most
equitable and cost effective way.  Have other cohousing groups had
shared utilites?  For example, the community has one master electric
meter and private individual meters for each unit.   Individuals then
pay for their utilities through the monthly association fees.

Has your group done something similar?  If so, how has it worked?  We
would appreciate hearing how this idea has worked or not worked for
other groups.

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing in Tucson, AZ
We're working with Wonderland Hill Development Company to help us
create a top-notch, affordable cohousing community.  One thing that
means is that the financial risk for each one of us is cut
considerably.  If you are interested in joining us, please contact me
at bschaller [at] theriver.com