Re: Waiting lists
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:56:51 -0500
Becky asked about waiting lists and unsold units.

At Monterey Cohousing (MN) we had one unsold townhouse after construction - it
took us about 1 1/2 years to sell it, but we were able to rent it during the
interim.  That was a moderate hassle and a stress, and cost us a modest amount
of money. Fortunately, it was sold before we had to pay non-homestead taxes on
it.

WE're just beginning to work on a formal list of people interested in knowing
of upcoming vacancies.

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House