Re: [Don't delay common house]
From: brucefrishkoff (brucefrishkoffusa.net)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:54:52 -0500
Lynn, thanks for the advice.  We had always said that we would build the common
house with the other houses, but now we are finding our per-unit cost so high
that we are losing people we need to start the community.  Phasing the common
house is our compromise position.  Part of the problem is that we are so rural
and in a fairly poor area; as a result, we are having trouble generating local
interest.  We hoped that our intergenerational model might draw people, but the
costs, with the common house factored in, just seem prohibitively high to some
interested younger couples and families.
We'll keep plugging away at it.
Again, thanks.
Bruce Frishkoff