RE: Using Real Estate Agents
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousclassic.msn.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:12:40 -0500
The only time a real estate agent was involved in a house sale at Sharingwood
was when a home was forclosed on by the bank. The first realator was clueless
and gave up, saying this place was too weird to ever sell. The second one
investigated cohousing, got excited about it, but didn't really understand how
to promote or sell it. So we approached her and made a deal that if we found a
buyer we would split the commission. She agreed, we found a buyer within a
week and bought some stuff for the commonhouse with the proceeds.

The thing that sells homes in our neighborhood is the community. We take
people into our homes, we invite them to parties and dinners, play with their
kids, etc. A realator can't do that.

Rob Sandelin