history of cohousing
From: Peter James (pmjamesmailcity.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:28:21 -0500
Hello all! I've come across this list in my research project for a course on
sustainable alternatives/shelter solutions. I'd like to explore how the
American middle-class (more or less) model of cohousing has drfited from the
original Danish concept (bofaellesskaber). I'm hoping the differences will
reveal something about implicit, deep-set American social and political values.
So can anyone recommend resources for the history of cohousing, books, WWW
sites, organizations/museums, people, etc? (I'm in the Washington, D.C. area.)
thanks!
Peter