Re: Construction Loans
From: Rich Lobdill (richardlsilcom.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:32:30 -0500
Sharon:

Tierra Nueva (Oceano, CA) faced that same problem. We had a very interested
local bank but they needed personal guarantees and a feeling that the project
would actually get built.

Both of these issues became non-issues when we teamed up with Jim
Leach/Wonderland as co-developers. Essentially, Wonderland became the guarantor
and their 30 year track record gave the bank a good feeling that the project
would be completed.

Teaming up with a developer costs real money, but in this case the project
could not have gone further without a professional co-developer. At the time, I
was one of the 'managing partners' of our LLC and did much of the interface
with the bank. I asked them directly if we would have been able to get a loan
without having a Wonderland on board, and they said simply, "no".

Rich Lobdill
Tierra Nueva Cohousing.