Re: COHOUSING-L digest 625
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:00:50 -0500
Dear Marty,
Yes, we too squoze in 12 houses + Common houses on under 2 acres.
the village building inspector and the fire Department helped us walk thru the
emergency vehicle quandry.  to be legal, we have to have access for their
trucks.  the chief ca,e to our site and showed what was needed and how to
accomplish it.  Perhaps like Sebastpol,  we have an ellipse in the center,
right nowit is grasses, some plantings, a canapoied swing seat...... and
running room.  sure, if an Emergency vehicles needs access we'll lose some
flowers!  That's the least of it, right!?  I'd suggest speaking with the folks
in charge of fire/rescue in your Town.  Ours have been cooperative.
all Best,
Ruth Hirsch
Cantines Island Co-Housing.....[HeidiNYS@AOL (914) 246-8601].... with room for
2 more households, and one room and bath for rent!!
Best,