Re: UrbanIC's listserve and Cohousing-l
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:34:09 -0500
Well said, Rob;

<<Lots of stereotypes about Intentional communities get played out in the
press all the time. I think this list is not a good place to add to those.
All of us who live cooperatively have a great deal do learn and share with
each other.

Rob Sandelin>>

I think the bottom line is that of course, we can learn a lot from
"non-cohousing " intentional communities. If folks from those communities are
willing to participate here, it would add depth to our discussions.  I know
that many times I've thought we were re-inventing the wheel, but was daunted by
the vast literature on communities of all kinds.

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House

I'm possibly downsizing the the not too distant future