Re: Green Roads
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 10:12:13 -0500
drdan [at] arches.uga.edu  Dan Everett Kenney Ridge Community Athens, GA

Rob Sandelin wrote:

> In my experience, pedestrian walkways are better if they
> are hard surfaced for ease of use and maintenance.

        At Kenney Ridge, we are trying something called "coney pea
        gravel" (sp?) which is porous but packs down to a hard
        surface suitable for pedestrian or bicycle traffic. Someone
        please let me know if you've tried this and it turned out
        to be a disaster :-)

Dan Everett
Kenney Ridge Community
Athens, GA

*  "It's coming to America first                               *
*   The cradle of the best and the worst                       *
*   It's here we've got the range and the machinery for change *
*   And it's here we've got the spiritual thirst"              *
*       --Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"                           *

  • Re: Green Roads Rob Sandelin, October 2 1998
    • Re: Green Roads Fred H. Olson, October 11 1998