Re: Common house use
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:17:26 -0500
Maggi R. Seymour <mrohde [at] si.umich.edu>
---------------------  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS --------------------

Mac wrote:
> So if a person doesn't need to use a specific common resource for an
> activity and if the activity isn't a group activity, it won't happen
> much in a common facility.  That's why I think that reading rooms and
> meditation rooms in common houses don't tend to get used much.  Those
> tend to be private activites that don't require a special common
> resource.

  Good theory, Mac.  In regards to the reading room, what about things
like common libraries -- it wouldn't need to be a room, just a shelf?
Other commonly shared items, like games, videos, etc?  Is it done, or are
people in cohousing too proprietary for sharing these things?  =)

  -Maggi