Re: sidewalk material
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:10:12 -0500
robin.ellison [at] dartmouth.edu   Robin Ellison   formally of Hartland Vt. CoHO

> you really need  concrete. I know it has more runoff, but I think the
>tradeoff is worth
>it.

Simple to give you all info.  One of the consultants that the group I was
invloved with stated that a lawn produces 90% the same run off as a paved
parking lot.  If you all are want to prevent run off, something other than
lawns will be needed.  The difference between grass and pavement is not
great as far as run off goes, but there is a big difference in performace
for wheelchairs, sidewalk plowing and in wet muddy conditions.

I don't have info on what is better than lawn, but if folks would like, I
would ask this fellow what he knows.

happy trails