Re: UrbanIC's listserve and Cohousing-l
From: Michael McIntyre (aragonumich.edu)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:36:15 -0500
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 cohousing-l [at] freedom.mtn.org wrote:

> From: Judy Baxter <BAXTER [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu>
>
> I think the bottom line is that of course, we can learn a lot from
> "non-cohousing " intentional communities. If folks from those
> communities are willing to participate here, it would add depth to
> our discussions.  I know that many times I've thought we were
> re-inventing the wheel, but was daunted by the vast literature on
> communities of all kinds.

On the threads of learning a lot and the term IC, a few excellent
leads:

+ Art of Community, Nov 20-22:  The FIC sponsors this GREAT weekend
conference twice a year to share the accumulated lessons of decades
of community living.
        www.ic.org/events/goldenaofc.html

+ Intentional Communities: Lifestyles Based on Ideals   (article)
        www.ic.org/fic/cdir/art/01kozeny.html

+ What's True About Intentional Communities: Dispelling the Myths
        www.ic.org/pnp/myths.html                       (article)

I'd agree that that the value of intentional community is not in the
defining but in the exploration of what it means as part of enhancing
our own lives in community and the experiential learning and fun of
making it happen!

-michael
www.sunward.org