Special incentives for developers
From: fertilezone (fertilezoneebox.oo.net)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 22:02:41 -0500
MILWAUKEE SUBURB SEEKS ECO-FRIENDLY DEVELOPER
With financial incentives in hand, Germantown, Wisconsin officials
hope to attract development of a so-called conservation subdivision
that could gain national recognition for safeguarding the
environment. The Conservation Fund, a national group, promises to
help design the project and promote it as a model for protecting
water quality in the Great Lakes region. "I hope it will change the
way we do business," says village planner Sig Strautmanis,
"convincing us to use smaller lots and protect more open space."
..To get developers' attention, the Plan Commission is offering
financial incentives like basing sewer-service area calculations on
the total size of the site, not just on the space suitable for
development. ..Two projects are already underway in Huron, Ohio
and Niles, Michigan. [For more information on The Conservation
Fund's sustainable community efforts, visit
<http://www.conservationfund.org/conservation/sustain/index.html>.
]   -
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 14 Sep 98, p 1, by Don Behm.

Taken From: GreenClips.105     10.07.98
Email GreenClips [at] aol.com