Re:New communities and children
From: NLROOS (NLROOSaol.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:57:28 -0500

<<  When I joined my group,
 6 months before move in, everyone was ecstatic that we had children, and
 we were trying to attract more.  >>

I agree with Liz and Ginny. Before starting our Cohousing group we had
considered
an ecovillage in- the-making. However, no other children lived there at that
time and
this definitely had a lot to do with us not moving there (we have 2 sons). We
are
going to market our Cohousing neighborhood as especially child-friendly from
the
beginning;  parents need a little extra persuasion to just pack up and move.
BTW, adults are no less welcome !  :-)