Finding groups / Re: Cohousing in Tallahassee
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:07:56 -0500
On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, ann zabaldo wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> It seems to me that I read or heard somewhere that there is a
> cohousing group forming in Tallahassee, FL.  I checked on the web
> pages but no group was listed.  I'm going there this weekend and
> would love to talk to the folks there.  Then again I could have
> dreamed up this whole thing.

I decided to take up Ann's challenge -- see my results below.

Regarding finding groups in general...
I have a little web page that has some suggestions:
http://freenet.msp.mn.us/housing/cohousing/resources/

One of these is searching the cohousing-L archives
CoHousing-L archives:
   http://csf.Colorado.EDU/cohousing/
which is where I found what I did.  Unfortunately, the list's older
archives are not searchable online (they are in gopher format).

Fred

Cohousing-L  See www.cohousing.org        and      nbhd-tc  the
Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list. See www.freenet.msp.mn.us

Here are three old cohousing-L messages that mention a cohousing
community in Tallahassee.  The second and third can be found by searching
for "Tallahassee" with the option checked to look at longer strings
(there was a comma at the end of the name)

The first can not be found with the CSF search which only searches the
www archives starting in 1996.  (I found it by searching archives on my
hard disk and then went to the gopher and found it).

Re: My Bio
gopher://gopher.mtn.org/0R390604-392401-/cohousing/1995/jun.95

polling revised
http://csf.Colorado.EDU/cohousing/oct96/0073.html

November Cohousing List - A Different Style
http://csf.Colorado.EDU/cohousing/nov96/0004.html

A few excerpts follow, note that this information is about 2 years old.