Re: Through the Looking Glass #5
From: NLROOS (NLROOSaol.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:06:12 -0500
In a message dated 98-10-23 11:08:41 EDT, Patty Mara Gourly writes :

<< After 8 weeks in residence here at Tierra Nueva (Central California Coast)
big
 lessons about living in community are bubbling up to the surface.  >>

What valuable lessons I am learning just reading about all the wonderful and
not so wonderful experiences  related in Patty's messages.  It teaches us, a
fairly new group, to examine these issues closely.  We need to learn so many
new patterns of
relating to neighbors, both individually and as a group.
A Common House is not something most of us grew up with, it is interesting to
see
what can happen when different expectations are worked out.

I hope Patty will continue to let us have these rare glimpses into the ongoing
process
of becoming a community once all the buildings are built.

Blessed be,
Rose Banks
nlroos [at] aol.com
East Tennessee Cohousing Community, where we are getting closer to deciding on
the general location for our future community, and 2 more households stand
ready to join us.