Welcoming new folks to an established community
From: MelaSilva (MelaSilvaaol.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:26:08 -0500
We just had a great time at a progressive dinner to welcome our new family. A
list was put up and 2 families signed up for each course. One home was the
"host" for each course, but both families came and met the newcomers. They
spent about 45 minutes at each of 4 homes, meeting 8 of our 25 families. The
first host had kids the same age so their 2 year old stayed there while the
parents continued the  feasting. It was a lot of fun, and gave many of us a
chance to get to know them a tiny bit.

This is the 2nd time we did this, it works well, and I highly recommend it.
Too often newcomers a met only with meetings and work requirements!

Pam Silva
Southside Park
Sacramento CA