Re: Through the Looking Glass #5
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:31:30 -0500
In a message dated 10/23/98 8:42:40 AM, PattyMara [at] aol.com wrote:

<<And, how do you throw a private party in the midst of community?>>

We don't live in our community yet (it is now being built!!) and I can see how
these issues come up and I appreciate hearing about them - it helps us to
prepare.

My reaction to this particular story is this:  Families finally moving into
the community after all we go thru to get there is a joyous and momentous
occasion.  For us, I would want everyone to be invited to such an event -
especially since those not moved in yet are probably feeling a bit left out
anyway.

It seems the problem of the food shortage could be solved by announcing the
dinner in advance and having folks sign up if they will be there.  Then be
clear that you need to sign up in advance to eat.

I certainly support the idea of smaller private dinners in individual homes,
but these move-in occasions seem like causes for big-time celebration for
all!!

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol - where framing has begun - and won't it be great if
we have roofs before the heavy rains!!