Re: Picture Book
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 22:53:15 -0600
--------------B44B4249E870CF7917E083F8

Is that Whidbey Island you're thinking of?

Carleolady [at] aol.com wrote:

> Just bought a book for my 3 1/2 year old called   _Celebrating Families_  by
> Rosmarie Hausherr.  It's a picture book about different kinds of families and
> how they came to be.  The last example in the book is "Emma and her family"
> who live in co-housing.  There are two great pictures!
>
> "Emma picks a carrot for Daddy and a sunflower for Mama from the garden.  She
> is happy in her parents' new house.  Friendly neighbors live close by.  They
> all share the land and the big garden.  Sometimes they cook and eat together
> in a house that belongs to all of them.   Emma's neighbors, old and young,
> play, make music, tell stories and enjoy one another's company.  In this "co-
> housing" community, everyone lives together like one big, caring family."
>
> What a treat for a "co-housing wannabe" to stumble upon completely by
> accident!
>
> My guess--is this the community in Washington?  The  one on the island? (Can't
> remember the name of the island for the life of me  ;-)
>
> Elaine
> mom to Isaac 3 1/2
> Carmel, CA

--------------B44B4249E870CF7917E083F8
 name="ccharis.vcf"
 filename="ccharis.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Charis-Graves;Cheryl
tel;fax:303-215-9405
tel;home:303-279-2129
tel;work:303-428-5661
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Creations by Charis
adr:;;1013 Cottonwood Circle;Golden;CO;80401-1794;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:ccharis [at] jeffco.k12.co.us
title:Owner
x-mozilla-cpt:;3
fn:Charis-Graves, Cheryl
end:vcard

--------------B44B4249E870CF7917E083F8--

  • Picture Book Carleolady, November 1 1998
    • Re: Picture Book Cheryl Charis-Graves, November 1 1998
    • Re: Picture Book ann zabaldo, November 2 1998