assoc. fees (Monterey)
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:55:43 -0600
Jen wrote:

<are association fees of $246 (or that neighorhood) the norm for cohousing?>

I think it all depends.  In our case, we calculate fees as 25% per household,
75% per  sq foot, and this is a larger unit.  The range for the community is
pretty wide, can't give the figures off-hand, butmaybe $50-70 up to $270 or
more  - don't quote me, please. I do not have numbers at hand.  There were
discussions earlier on this - lots about formulas.

We have a relatively small number of households (15)  (originally planned 23 or
24) and a large common space in our 1924 building, requiring substantial
reserves.  So, that's the short answer.

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
one 3 BR townhome for sale, see early Nov posts, $164,000