Re: COHOUSING-L digest 669
From: Dee Dishon (ddishonerols.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 11:02:23 -0600
is presented as "an inexpensive way to have an evening meal": I have never
in my years in cohousing heard/read/thought/dreamed of such a notion! We are
spending money to create community, have nicer facilities than we could
afford alone, impact the Earth more lightly, give and get support from
neighbors, etc., etc. His idea to open a Common House restaurant to be more
cost effective indicates to me that my idea of cohousiing and Mark's are the
opposite: I don't want people just showing up in our common house to eat
dinner. These are my friends and neighbors, and an occasional guest or two.
And I don't care how much money we would make!!!
        Dee Dishon
        Blueberry Hill Cohousing
        (still have 3 memberships left in 19 home community in Wash DC area
on organic vegetable farm))