Re: de Bono Six Hats briefly summarised
From: HTilstra (HTilstraaol.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:37:52 -0600
for people who don't know what everyone is talking about, I've attached a
brief summary of Edward de Bono's Six Hats

The efficiency and productivity of the executive mind is difficult to measure,
but it can be reflected in the efficiency and productivity of meetings.  Of
the 3 types of meetings - formal, argumentative, and exploratory - exploratory
meetings can be the most productive.  To maximize productivity, role-playing
using the "Six Thinking Hat" system can be useful in separating the different
modes of thinking.  The system also makes it possible to explore a subject
instead of being tied to a particular argument position.

WHITE   all available information

RED             emotions, feelings

BLACK   logical negative

YELLOW          logical positive

GREEN           creative thinking, alternatives, and different approaches

BLUE    oversees the thinking that is taking place and spells out conclusions.

I have used the six thinking hats in a matrix to structure discussion on the
difference between various types of cohousing (eg. family first, high end,
rural)