Re: Reluctant husbands
From: Joani Blank (jeblankic.org)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:33:20 -0600
I think that another reason that husbands--or for that matter wives--may be
reluctant to come to cohousing, is a fear that everyone in the community
will be eventually (if not much sooner) be privy to family secrets. I'm not
talking about skeleton-in-the-closet type secrets.  More things like the
fact that Sue and James are not getting along and may be considering
divorce, or that Matthew's business is in trouble or Jack may be losing his
job, or that Jonathon is flunking courses in school, or even that Sandra
and David are having a hard time getting pregnant.

And my guess is the husbands are more worried the wives that their spouses
(spice) will be passing  these secrets out to others in the community.

Joani Blank
Doyle Street CoHousing (currently) and Old Oakland CoHousing / Swan's
Market (future)