Renters--how has it worked in your community?
From: weigel (sweigellamar.ColoState.EDU)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:19:19 -0600
Greetings.  I have looked through the cohousing-l archives and found a lot
has been written about renters. Also, some of the replies have referred to
communities at different stages of development, and I am curious how
things
have evolved for some of those respondents.  At River Rock Commons we are
hoping to formulate an initial
position on renters, since it appears they may be a large part of our
community.  Please comment on the questions/issues listed below, or
provide any other comments/advice/opinions/lessons you would like.
thanks!
-Does your community include renters?  What % of those living in your
community are renters?  Is there a limit on number of renters?  Are
expectations/requirements different for renters than for PWM's (People
with Mortgages, I got that from the archives)?  Are renters in a hierarchy
for certain privelages, eg parking spaces?  What do you see as some of the
direct consequences of having renters, maybe that you had not considered?
Any experiences that other communities may learn from?

Thanks again.
Stephanie Weigel River Rock Commons, Fort collins, CO, Excavation has
begun on the common house basement and framing anticipated for early
December.  Still a few units left, if interested contact me.
sweigel [at] lamar.colostate.edu