Re: contributions
From: Rowena Conkling (rowenacworldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:11:33 -0600

NKaten947 [at] aol.com wrote:

> When Chuck was here doing our individual house programming he expressed how
> nice it would be if he had a copier & one of our members went out and bought
> one. The member would eventually like to be reimbursed. Before he went out &
> bought one we had decided not to buy one, but he was not part of that
> discussion. What have others done about such contributions?

There have been a number of contributions by members which we accept gratefully.
If there has been a substantial expenditure those who wish to often contribute.
However, if anyone expects to be fully reimbursed the membership must reach
consensus on an acquistion before hand!  Right now we are going through a
"voluntary assessment" process to buy the really expensive stove we nkow we
want,
which is a lot more expenseive than the one we budgeted for.  We took a poll to
see how much people will be willing to contribute and are now collecting the
pledged amounts prior to going out and buying the Dream Stove!
I think it should be clear that noone should go out and buy something to
"contribute" unless they are willing to pay for it on their own!  Especially
something like a copier which is a nice thing to have but not sensible from an
economic point of view (we investigated!)