RE: FIC Communities Directory
From: fertilezone (fertilezoneebox.oo.net)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:04:41 -0600
I would like to thank Liz Stevenson, Sanda Everette, Lynn Nadeu,
Fred Olson, and Rob Sandelin for their help with understanding the
FIC directory.

I purchased the FIC directory after growing tired of on-line
searching.  I was hoping for a one-stop shop to find a complete
community list for a required relocation.

I might suggest to Michael Morgan, a Web form with a box for
name, address, and 50-100 word description may be the only foot
work required for on-line-savy groups currently missing from the FIC
directory / Annual updates / FIC Web site.

There are numberous missing groups, active on
cohousing-l [at] freedom.mtn.org , that can click on a link there,
which leads to a form at the FIC Web site.  Perhaps the list owner,
 Fred Olson, could find reason to include such a link in his periodic
Unsubscribe message to get most of these groups listed.

While duplicating a book on the Web may kill the need for
hardcopy and make future inventory impossible, perhaps those that
buy the book can have an unpublished URL that maintains a
central update to the hardcopy they purchased.

Perhaps the most desireable and simplest update could come
directly from the numerous groups active with
cohousing-l [at] freedom.mtn.org

Trusting to periodically see an FIC-web-form link on
cohousing-l [at] freedom.mtn.org

Roger R.
Moving to SF Bay Area