Re: contributions
From: Stevenson/Bitner (lilbertconcentric.net)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:51:13 -0600
>  Right now we are going through a
>"voluntary assessment" process to buy the really expensive stove we nkow
>we want,
>which is a lot more expenseive than the one we budgeted for.  We took a
>poll to
>see how much people will be willing to contribute and are now collecting the
>pledged amounts prior to going out and buying the Dream Stove!
We have what we call a "capital budget" which is funded by every
household contributing an amount from $1-10 every month based on what
they feel they can afford. This eliminates the need to go begging every
time we want a new item not in the budget.  If someone wants to access
this money, either by committee or individually, they need group
concensus, and it must cost more than $50.  Anything under $50 must be in
a committee budget.  After you go through the "pay as you go" thing for
awhile, you get tired of it

Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing
Sacramento, CA