Re: rules in common areas
From: HTilstra (HTilstraaol.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:53:26 -0600
As I am trying to suss out the Australian psyche in relation to cohousing.

I would like to think that I can be a cigar smoking, slobbery dog loving,
Pauline Hanson-voting (very right wing, plain, sloganistic) person and still
have a unit in a cohousing community.

On the other hand, many a religious organisation have been researched to
deliberately apply obscure rites of passage to screen out freeriders.

What works and what is inappropriate? I guess I am mainly interested in the
shared expectancy and degree of freedom that develops in common areas.

Any experiences?

Hans
Melbourne