cohousing lifestyle query
From: Jan Gordon (jangordon.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:50:12 -0600
Hi friends,
My husband and I are going back and forth about the whole cohousing thing.
The biggest draw for us is the "community".  I wold really appreciate
hearing many responses to my specific questions, and am guessing others
would also be interested.  For those who have moved to a new and "strange"
part of the country in order to live in a cohousing community, how has it
worked out for you, community-wise.  Has the friendliness and camaraderie
gone past the superficial level and have you  fond true friends, folks to
confide, cry with, celebrate with, etc, on a deeper, best friend level?

The reason I ask is that we have experienced a cross country move in the
last few years and are having the devil of a time building a social life. I
have heard this same story from many others in this town of ours and in many
other locales across the country, so I am pretty sure it is not just our own
personal weirdness' (grin).  I am wondering if there is a real difference in
a cohousing community.

Thanks in advance for the input.
Jan