Re: Conflict Resolution at Terra Firma
From: Stevenson/Bitner (lilbertconcentric.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 20:09:29 -0600
>Our neighbours are particularly interested in learning whether there are
>other urban communities which have a common fence.  We, for example, took
>down all the fences between properties and only have one common perimeter
>fence that borders on our neighbours yards.  They are concerned about our
>meetings/dinners etc and the noise they generate (as well as several other
>issues).
I have a few questions.  Could you please give us an idea of what the
planned development is going to look like?  Are the backyards going to be
next to your neighbors' or is the common area? Are you planning on
holding meetings and dinners outside? How are they going to go about
"studying" cohousing?

Mine is one of the few communities that fit your request, alas, I don't
think we are a good example.  Our neighbors were somewhat resistant to
cohousing, but lacked the will to fight it.  This site used to be full of
prostitutes and johns, and the city was on our side.  If you have
specific questions, I'd be more than willing to answer them.

Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing
Sacramento, CA