Re: cohousing lifestyle query
From: Jan Gordon (jangordon.com)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:47:37 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Gordon <jan [at] gordon.com>
To: fholson [at] cohousing.org <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
Date: Saturday, November 28, 1998 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: cohousing lifestyle query

>>On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Jan Gordon wrote:
>>
>>> worked out for you, community-wise.  Has the friendliness and
camaraderie
>>> gone past the superficial level and have you  fond true friends, folks
>>> confide, cry with, celebrate with, etc, on a deeper, best friend level?
>>>

>>Jan, I dont live in cohousing but I've visited a number of them.  I think
>>a general answer to your question would be risky.  I can imagine getting
>>close to folks in a number of communities and difficulty doing so in
>>others.  I think the individual differences between the people in
>>communities ( and differences in what appeal to people (you) ) differ a
>>lot.  snip
>>
>>Fred

Clearly folks have different experiences and different perceptions.  I am
not so naive to expect that anyone's personal story will predict mine.  But,
alternatively, I find that we human creatures are more alike than we are
different and I am interested in hearing a variety of experiences, just as
if I were looking for a doctor or a lawyer, I would seek personal
recommendations.
Jan