RE: affordable housing, a national cohousing loan fund
From: Marci Malinowycz (SoDanceclassic.msn.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:17:55 -0600
This sounds like a good and timely idea, Rob. I'd like to add to it a bit: the
position could be a paid one, instead of purely volunteer.

For almost all areas of cohousing endeavor, including most of the activities
of the new TCN, I strongly believe that volunteerism is the way to go.

In this area you describe, though, a paid coordinator may be the way to go.
The grants themselves should be the source of compensation for the person who
brought in the money. The tasks you list will take a lot of time and demand a
bit of expertise, and with a paid coordinator we could secure that time and
expertise.

Volunteers can still play a role. Some of the tasks might work well if
distributed across a team of volunteers. The paid person could work with such
a team.

-- Marci Malinowycz