Re: <no subject>
From: Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob (dmmjncal.verio.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:21:07 -0600

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Becky Schaller wrote:

> If you've been in a similar situation, What policies did you have
> regarding your waiting list?  Was there a fee for being on the waiting
> list?  What kind of priority did people on the waiting list have before
> or after those who had already claimed a unit, but wanted to change unit
> types.

All of our members have a "seniority number"; all households on the
waiting list have a "waiting list number". Waiting list people have paid a
$350 refundable deposit. If a unit becomes available (say a household
wants to sell their share) all the members have a chance to take the newly
available unit, in seniority number order. It is then offered to the
waiting list people, in W.L. number order. In practice, only one household
(mine, as it happens) has changed units, but we wanted to leave the option
open. We were very clear, though, that you cannot use your seniority to
"bump" someone; only to take a different available unit.

Denise Meier
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, Sonoma County
Northern California

  • <no subject> Becky Schaller, December 1 1998
    • Re: <no subject> Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob, December 1 1998
    • <no subject> The CoHousing Company, June 6 2001
    • <no subject> The CoHousing Company, September 6 2001
    • <no subject> Elizabeth Stevenson, September 17 2001
    • <no subject> Betsy Corner, January 4 2002