Ad for Cohousing Unit in North Carolina
From: Neal Caidin (nealccphl.mindspring.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:38:26 -0600
Be part of a great community in beautiful North Carolina!

Eno Commons Cohousing, in Durham, has one lot left. This is a neighborhood
in the construction phase, 9 households have already moved in. The community
will be 22 households when all the construction is completed by mid-1999.

Price is $150K - $160K. House to be constructed by Cimarron Homes based on
floor plans designed by the community and options (like floor color,
cabinets, etc) chosen by you. Occupied houses using the floor plan available
for inspection.

Details about the community and photos of some of the homes on site
available at
http://www.hawk-systems.com/web_pages/eno-commons/

For information about Eno Commons Cohousing call Neal or Robert at
919-382-9643.

For information on purchasing the lot call Connie at 650-341-8962.

Quick details
- beautiful 11.2 acre site plan which includes preserving a natural meadow
and lots of trees and a shared creek.
- Cars are on the outside of the community, people on the inside.
- Commons House to be completed in 1999.
- 1483 sq. ft house
- Three bedroom/two bath
- passive solar using southern exposure and a cement slab floor, dyed and
scored to look like tile.
- geothermal heat pumps; the most efficient heating and cooling system
available
- metal roofs
- tightly sealed house that will pass a "blower door" inspection.
- Front porch along the pedestrian way, back patio convenient to parking.

Eno Commons' vision is to have a sense of community, an extended family
atmosphere, safety for children and adults, collaborative decision making
(we use a consensus model) and valuing diversity. We plan on sharing lots of
fun meals together (we already have, even without a Commons House) and
establishing a supportive atmosphere.

We hope you will consider joining us, or at least check us out and see if
you like.