Condo Docs vs Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (SharonVillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:14:03 -0600
Urgent request for information about condo docs. Need information from
cohousing groups that are set up on a condominium structure about your condo
docs. Our lawyer has put together a form that truly reflects the condo
commando sensibility of Florida. How far did you have to go to satisfy
construction and mortgage lenders that your project was traditionally
structured in order to get funding? Have you had any problems after move in
with cohousers trying to enforce these odd provisions.

Such as--no liquids or foods shall be consumed outdoors without permission
of the board of directors. The developer shall retain control over the
project even after the last unit is sold.

Little stuff like that. We want to move forward as quickly as possible so
some in the group are saying sign this and others want a "real" document.
Others say if we have a "real" document, we won't get bank financing.

Sharon Villines, Who has moved from Manhattan the movie set to Florida the
postcard where she is wishing she had a law degree, four million dollars,
and her own construction company.
Synergy Cohousing, Delray Beach, FL http://www.cohousing.net