very warm tidings
From: Unnat (Zeniinet.net.au)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 19:43:17 -0600
Hi everyone,

I'm enjoying the current mix of topics on the list at the moment.
Here's my two bobs worth on 'the festive season and community' from a
southern hemisphere perspective;

Another hot and cloudless day with December temps ranging from
25C-40C, keeping an eye on the wind direction to make the most of the
waves for body surfing.  Not the community Christmas that we were
expecting when ealier this year we expected to share a Christmas meal
in our common house.  So another balmy evening, pre-Xmas picnic by the
river will have to do.  Darn!

Do you remember the cement render (stucco?) colour issue from several
weeks back?  Most of the houses are now mostly rendered.  The colours
are looking great.  It will be interesting to see if there is any
reaction from the neighbours.  We distributed 100 copies of our ad hoc
newsletter, 'The Pinakarri Drum' to pre-empt concern by visualising
the co-op two years into the future when the gardens are lush.  We
also invited neighbours to join us for our festive picnic.  The 'Drum'
highlights our contact info for comments and the (very grassroots)
co-op association's phone number for people who feel the need to
complain to an 'authority'.  The coordinator is a very good listener.

Thankyou all for raising issues and sharing your experiences and
wisdom throughout the year.  This list is an invaluable resource and
helps me to keep some perspective when facing local issues.

JOY to you, your families and communities.

Warmest regards
Robyn Williams
Pinakarri Community
Fremantle, Western Australia